Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Yeah, that's a little excessive...

My sister had a broken toilet. The arm that pulls the chain when you flush decided it no longer wanted to be part of that scene anymore and needed to be replaced. So, I went to Lowes' Hardware and picked up a new arm. This is the only thing I purchased from Lowes' - 1 toilet arm, $4.18. 1 thing. No gum. No nails. Just the toilet arm. This is the receipt that printed out after I used the self-checkout:


Look at the size of that thing - who needs that much paper for a $4.18 purchase? It's enormous! It's taller than Mike Dale, Justin Raymond and John Menzigian:
It's even taller than this freakish-ly tall British man:


The question is, how many rolls of register tape do they go through each day on each system? Talk about socially unconscious - with environmental responsibility at the forefront of business concerns, how come nobody at Lowes' has addresses this issue? Why isn't it double sided? Why didn't the computer ask me if I wanted a receipt?

Target is another abuser of register tape - I'll buy a pack of gum and a soda and get my receipt, a gift receipt and a .10 cent off coupon for Juicy Fruit. Sigh.

At least I know what I'll do with my receipt:



No comments: