Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Virtual Tree Killer

This one doesn't make a lot of sense...

Ebay sends me an e-mail telling me that my custom catalog of rare finds will be arriving in the mail soon. Ok. So it arrives, and the only thing custom about it is that it has my name on it:

Wow. My name. The inside just has a bunch of electronics and clothes and handbags from 'powersellers'. How is geared towards me? I never buy any of those things on ebay. I buy Star Wars toys. That's it. If it were a catalog full of Star Wars memorabilia, I would definitely open and look, but wouldn't most of the auctions be over by the time I logged onto ebay?

Nevermind the environmental impact -they sent out thousands of these 'custom' mailers and they're not even printed on FSC approved paper nor do they use soy ink. Better yet,

Why didn't the e-mail just link me to my custom page?

In an age where people want their info now, why did I have to wait for a bulk mailer? At least I got to see my name...

No comments: